Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nick

Got Nick in daycare today. Working on Medicaid. WIC will have to wait until Medicaid is in place. He has a Dr. appointment on Monday. All that to say that things are moving along nicely.

He's adjusted pretty well so far. Bedtime went smoother tonight than last. Less than 10 minutes until he was asleep.

I'm asking you to pray that an appropriate family member will step forward to take him. His case seems like it will be a long one, and honestly, I don't know if I can take it. Family is important and he needs to be in a steady one. I really don't think his birth parents will be able to do all they need to do to get him back. My guess is that eventually he will go up for adoption. So, an aunt or other such relative that knows some about his family needs to get him and take good care of him, or he needs to be moved to a foster-to-adopt home.

More later...

1 comment:

Foster Mamalion said...

Thanks for sharing your Blog site on Facebook. I enjoyed reading some. I would love for you and Jennifer to work something out at Fellowship to discuss what Foster parenting offers. We are supposed to take care of Widows and Orphans and I think if people know more about it from your perspective they might be open to praying about it. I vote for it. I'm a supporter! Pray for us as we begin this journey!